D E A D V I N Y L

Monday, March 06, 2006 at 7:38 PM

Updates

Since I started this little rarely-updated project, I'm happy to report that I've found some of these bands alive and well, at least on the internet. And by "the internet," I mean MySpace.

Swig. They were from South Carolina, not North. And it seems that they've reactivated, which is great news. The awesome Pat Duncan played a 1995 live set from the band from the WFMU archives not too long ago. I would highly recommend giving it a listen.

Greyhouse. They claim the discography is coming out. Having made this claim in reference to my own band, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm trying to talk a friend into starting a re-issue label to help bands like this. He seems to be warming to the idea. Either way, Greyhouse will someday be widely recognized as one of the greatest underground bands of the nineties.

Dahlia Seed. It's so nice to open your MySpace friends request to read "Dahlia Seed would like to be your friend!" Tracy is still active with her project Ringfinger, Chris does not seem to still be active with his project ECHELONS, and Darin is still playing drums in The Nolan Gate. No word on whether or not anyone is working on a Brokenmouth site.

Samuel. I can't vouch for everyone, but James Marinelli, whom I love for becoming something of an active commenter here, has been rocking out with an indie folk punk solo thing that is quite awesome and highly recommended.

Until the next song, then...

Post a Comment